SHIRLEY’S ACT OF KINDNESS CHALLENGE
Choose a random act of kindness and make a difference in your life and the lives of people around you ♥
Our favourite downsizing and moving expert, Shirley Coughlin of Downsizing Diva Markham, has put forth this challenge to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week February 14th - 29th, 2021. We hope that you'll take part!
Here are 21 ideas to get you started……
- Pay a compliment to a person you meet on the street.
- Bake cookies and deliver them to a neighbour who doesn’t get out much.
- Let someone merge in front of you in traffic…and smile!
- Write a glowing review of your favourite local business. Post it on social media.
- Donate a warm jacket, scarf or mitts to a nearby shelter.
- Send a Valentine’s Day card to someone special.
- Give a generous tip to a delivery person.
- Call someone and enjoy a nice, long phone visit.
- Lend a friend a favourite book. Suggest they share it when they're finished.
- Buy a take-out dinner from your favourite local restaurant.
- Reconnect with an old friend.
- Speak kindly to yourself... and others.
- Strike up a conversation in the elevator
- Let somebody else take the really good parking space.
- Leave the quarter in the shopping cart.
- Give a Gift Card to someone just because…
- Pick up groceries for a neighbour.
- Buy a gift from a local small business.
- Send an e-mail to say you’re thinking about someone.
- Buy a cup of coffee for a stranger... or a friend!
- Send flowers anonymously!
We hope that you feel as much joy from your act of kindness as the lucky person receiving it! We'd love to know the details...you can share with us at email@example.com
Source: Downsizing Diva Markham